There is something to do for everyone.
- Family Reunions - Check out our family reunion planner for an unforgettable northern experience.
- Mountain Bikers - Balsams Resort is near great trails for you
- Hikers - We are 3 miles from Hiawatha National Forest Trails and just south of the North Country Trail which is a National Scenic Trail that will stretch from North Dakota to New York State.
- Families - We are family friendly with a beach, playground, biking area and acres to explore.
- Birders - The ever-popular Whitefish Pointe is within an hour's drive.
- Armchair Crowd - We have a beach on Lake Michigan, peaceful forest and shuffle board. What else could you want?
- History Buffs - Explore Native American, Early French, British and American history at local sights like Fort
Mackinac, Fort Michilimackinac, Ojibway Museum and more.
- Wildflower Lovers - See native and rare flower species of the northern humus forest. as well as other plant types.
- Lighthouse Tourists - Visit the lighthouses on Lake Michigan, Huron and Superior, and learn about the many shipwrecks in the Great Lakes.
Check out Lighthouse Getaway
- Golfers - Golf with spectacular views of the Mackinac Bridge, golf at historic Mackinac Island, golf at superb course in
Hessel, golf...you bet! Check out Golf-Mackinaw for more information.
- Want More Ideas? - Check out our Links page
Tour the area and return to the resort...you will enjoy every minute of your
Within 1/2 hour:
Mackinac Island, Fort Michilimackinac, Cut River Gorge, Brevort Dunes, Hiawatha
National Forest (borders Balsams Resort).
Within 1 hour:
Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point, Soo Locks
Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Museum,
Within 2 hours:
Seney National Wildlife Refuge
and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
We are thankful to have such a
beautiful area for you to visit.